Monday, May 2, 2011

Kelli and Olly - Heartfelt Vows, A Few Tears, Two Ducks & Raindrops

I love big weddings.

I love tiny weddings.


A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of traveling to Alderbrook Resort on a rainy Sunday morning.

My quest? To marry Kelli and Olly. Just them. And two witnesses from the Resort.

As I began their ceremony, two ducks started to "quack" quite loudy from the water's edge and we all had a nice laugh (ducks mate for life - nice omen, yes?!)

What I loved most about Keli and Olly was the care and thought they put into their vows. Their vows were poignant, heartfelt and written in their individual voice and language.

When it comes to wedding vows, there is no "right or wrong." Keep it real - make it all about your commitment to the relationship - make it about what you love, honor and admire about your partner. Ah, and humor is good, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment